Monday, January 10, 2011

Oops

I have really fallen off the wagon; the blogging wagon, that is. It’s hard to do much creative thinking when your life is as boring as mine is right now. Not that I’d trade my life for anyone else’s. I love my life.

So what to write about? The snow storm we just had in Atlanta? The BCS championship game? The amazing Passion 2011 conference I attended last week? Should I do a book review? I read a bunch of good books over the holidays. Should I discuss the meaning of life? Or maybe the mystery of the Trinity?

Someone I was reading the other day said the best blogs concentrate on 5-7 topics and write exclusively about those. But what would I choose (can you tell I’m feeling wishy-washy today)? I just don’t know. So what I think I’ll do is just throw another log on the fire tonight and try to engage my pea brain tomorrow so I can have something interesting, or provocative, or helpful to say.

I’ll close with this in tribute to all those on the road today who have had such a hard time driving in the ice and snow. A law passed in Nebraska in 1912 required drivers in the country at night to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, then wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares. How is that for some interesting stuff? Now that we’ve all learned something today we can relax. God bless you and I'll be back here tomorrow; see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment