Sunday, August 29, 2010

An Emotional Day


Yesterday I returned to NewSong, a church we planted back in 2000 that I stepped down from as Senior Pastor back in January. It was a very emotional day for me. There were plenty of reasons for me to blubber. I had friends come from a long way to be with us at church, people whom I love a lot. On top of that there was our great church family from NewSong; everyone was so wonderful and supportive.

As I tried to compose myself I realized I have been pretty much in "business" mode, checking off tasks for my trip, and not really allowing myself to go too deep emotionally about the changes Donna and I will be facing these next few months. Today it all hit me and I just lost it when I tried to speak.

I also realized today just how much better God's plans are than ours. As the pastor of NewSong said today; all we need to do is seek God's kingdom, and his righteousness (Matt. 6:33) and leave the rest to Him. I'm feeling very grateful for that tonight. Please keep the prayers coming as the time draws near for me to go; I'm feeling a bit anxious - but as I learned today, God has got it all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment