Tuesday, February 21, 2012

For What It's Worth

I woke up this morning thinking about how different God's value system is from ours. It's written throughout the pages of Scripture. God values the least, the last and the lost. We value those who are the greatest, those who are #1, and those who seem to have it all together. I'm not judging anyone for feeling that way, just trying to humbly recognize how askew my own value system has become and to somehow correct it.

It seems to me we live in the age of envy. We're always wanting what we don't have - craving what God has blessed others with rather than celebrating and fully utilizing those gifts and graces that God has given us. What a miserable way to live!

So Lord help us today - help ME - to see things through your eyes and to listen using your ears. Forgive me for fretting and stewing over things that you know I don't need; things I couldn't handle even if they did come my way. Help us to celebrate and live to the fullest the life you have given each one of us. And forgive us for those times we have not done so. In your blessed name I pray...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment