Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting the Word Out

Although I am relatively new to the whole blogging, Facebook, Twitter phenomenon I have obviously recently embraced the concept as a way to get the Good News about Jesus (and NewSong) out. Upon browsing other blog sites I noticed that other bloggers list their Facebook and Twitter accounts and I’m suspecting one reason they do so is so these links will be picked up and indexed by Internet search engines, especially the more often the links appear.

What and I trying to say? Well, the first place most people are going to turn to find out anything on the Internet is a search engine, most likely, Google. Thus by pointing a link or two at my blog, my Facebook account and my Twitter account I should generate more public listings on search engines, so here I (shamelessly) go.

Here is a link to Steve Jackson pastor of NewSong Community Church in Cumming, Georgia on blogspot and Steve Jackson pastor of NewSong Community Church in Cumming, Georgia on Facebook and Steve Jackson pastor of NewSong Community Church on Twitter.

Oh, I feel so cheap now! But hopefully in a little while a web crawler will be by to pick up those links and before long, voila, more people will find me, view my blog and my Facebook account and my Twitter account and discover all the absolutely astounding information that can be found there! :-)

It will be interesting to see if this works…

No comments:

Post a Comment