Friday, May 8, 2009

Big Weekend

This is a huge weekend for the Jackson family. My daughter Leigh is graduating from Berry College in Rome, Ga. We are so proud of her. Leigh has done great in school. She already has a job too! Leigh enrolled and finished her senior year at Georgia State in Atlanta. She is getting also getting married on June 6th. We are so excited for her and for her fiancé John Harper. Way to go Leigh! We love you dear!

Wow, it is funny how time catches up to you. I remember graduating from college myself; it seems like just yesterday (University of Georgia, 1978). I had no idea what I really wanted to do when I graduated. Donna and I were already married. I worked at the Athens YMCA. I had three job offers upon graduating. My three choices were: Delta airlines as a “Junior Accountant,” Georgia Federal Savings and Loan as a bank teller, or Northside Realty in their commercial real estate division. I chose Northside Realty because I believed I could get to the top quickest with them. It did not work out that way, but God had His own plan. Donna took a job teaching at Headland High School in East Point, Georgia and we bought a 750 square foot house on Romain Way in East Point for $15,000 and we were on our way! Wow, that was a long time ago.

Back to the present day: My daughter Amy got back from Thailand and India last night. It is nice to have all our offspring on American soil again. Sounds like she had a fantastic time. She comes home to Georgia on May 31st. We can't wait to see her.

I broke down and bought a new digital camera today since we have so much coming up with the graduation and wedding. I gave our Nikon digital camera to Amy the last time she was in Georgia because her camera broke. Buying a new camera was a very difficult choice; I did a ton of research and finally settled on a Canon SD 790 IS – a “point-and-and shoot” digital camera. It is amazing how difficult the simplest thing can be today. There were a million choices.

It is also Mother’s Day weekend. I have a great mom. I also have a great wife who is the mom to my own children. I even have a pretty cool mother-in-law. I guess I am a lucky guy in that. Everyone is coming over to our house for Mother’s Day. We are privileged to honor all the moms and we’ll have at least seven moms at our house that day – what a joy!

May God bless you this weekend – He is so good!!!

P.S. I will be pretty busy this weekend, not too sure how often I will get to blog....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Dad, for your kind words! I am blessed to have such a great family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete