Sunday, April 11, 2010

Speedo Shape

I have gained ten pounds since stepping down as a pastor back in January. I am totally aware of that and did not need to be told as I was today when I ran into a former church member who, the first thing out of her mouth was, "Wow, you've gained some weight!"

Thanks friend, for pointing that out. Just so you know, I have been waiting until Spring Break is over to begin whipping myself back into shape. Of course, before that it was "after Easter" and before that it was "after my birthday," and the list goes on and on. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about? I'm eating everything in sight!

Seriously, I'm planning on getting in "Speedo shape" before summer arrives. I'm talking about the kind of shape I was in when I last wore a Speedo, which was when the photo you see here was taken, which was in 1960 at the Officer's Club in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We'll see... meanwhile, pass the potato chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment