Friday, April 2, 2010

Trout Fishin'

My good buddy John S called me last week and invited me to go trout fishing on the Chatthoochee with him. John and I go way back, and our fishing exploits in the North Georgia moutains are well-known to a few faithful followers....well at least to a couple of folks, we are legends in our own minds.

At any rate, we went last Wednesday just across the Gwinnett County line only a few miles from home and caught ourselves a mess of fish. I outfished my buddy (sorry John!) and promptly went straight home and cooked them on the grill. Talk about fresh fish! They were delicious. A few folks I've been bragging to about our fishing success have suggested I might consider a career as a professional fisherman since I now have the "outdoors look" and am still unemployed. Donna contends we'd starve with me as a professional fisherman or hunter.

At any rate; the day was a blessing. John and I enjoyed fishing and watching mallards spash around in the river near by. We also saw a red-tail hawk soaring over the beautiful clear river and plenty of deer tracks along the banks. It's hard to believe such wild beauty is so close by. Oh, the water was cold too. I took my usual dip while stumbling around in the river in my chest waders. John seemed amused.

Enjoy your Easter, and check back here for the fishing reports as often as you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment