Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Job!

I got a job yesterday! Hurray! - it's been a long time. Yes, I have been working various places since January, 2010, but I have not received a paycheck since way back then. I know some of you reading this can relate. It's been tough.

My new job is with a specialty construction company in Alpharetta, GA and I will be working in human resources and purchasing. I'll get the opportunity to dust off and use my old UGA business degree from the dark ages! My boss is a long-time mentor and supporter of my church and mission work. I can't tell you how wonderful it is not only to have a job, but also to work for someone who is a believer who encourages his employees to live out their faith and calling from God every single day.

I've had a flood of emotions since I was hired. Prominent among those feelings is gratitude. Gratitude for family and friends who stood beside me and prayed for me through the dark days. This especially applies to my wife who has been an amazing spiritual, emotional (and financial!) supporter of mine since the day I resigned from my last pastorate. Those of you who know Donna won't be surprised by that.

For those still looking for employment, let me share this prayer I found recently; it's wonderful.

Take my hands, God,
and use them for the work
you want me to do.

Take my feet, God,
and lead me to the places,
you want me to go.

Take my voice, God,
and give me the words
you want me to say.

Take my eyes, God,
and train them to search for the things
you want me to see.

Take my mind, God,
and fill my thoughts of those things
you want me to think.

Take my soul, God,
and fill me with your spirit that
I might always be in your presence.

Take my life, God,
and use me for the purposes
of your heart.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Source: Prayersforthunemployed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment