Friday, September 9, 2011

Week One of Work

I've wrapped up week one at my new job now, and things are starting to make more sense to me. I am beginning to understand more of what the company I work for does, and why and how they do it. This is pretty important stuff to know when you're working for someone!

Accomplishments for my first (short) week at work include:
  • Met some really great co-workers
  • Got a new work email address, phone number, etc...
  • Got a new lightning fast Lenovo Desktop PC to use at work
  • Talked to a lot of contractors hoping to work for us across the Southeast
  • Solved a major issue with an Access 2010 database I have been creating
  • Attended a DOT Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors Course
Unfortunately there were setbacks this week as well. The transmission went out on my "paid for" 1999 Buick Regal with 154,000 miles on it - but as my ever-optimistic wife reminded me; the car got me to and from Mississippi last weekend (900 miles) and it didn't go out until my first day of work at a new job. Who is complaining? Not me!

Enjoy your weekend - I'm meeting old college friends for breakfast on Saturday and the rest of the weekend will be devoted to Forsyth Family Fest 2011 at the Cumming Fairgrounds. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment