Monday, March 8, 2010

Still Scanning!

I'm still scanning in old family photos. I got my own scanner today (an early birthday gift, thanks to my parents and in-laws) so I can scan now at home. The scanner, an HP Scanjet G3110 has an adapter that lets you scan 35mm slides and photo negatives.

When I was growing up my parents had two cameras. One was a cheapo camera for snapshots and the other one was a very nice 35mm that my dad bought in Korea on one of his tours over there. My folks used the "good camera," and took slides rather than regular photos when they really wanted to take important pictures. I'm just starting to scan those slides now. It should be fun.

The photo above was taken in the winter of 1966 at Offutt Air Force Base near Omaha Nebraska. I was ten years old. In the wintertime they would take down the nets and flood the tennis courts on the base. If you had skates you could skate to your heart's content. That's my older (much older!) sister skating with me. We used to do ice-dancing stuff, spins, little jumps, it was great. By the way, if you click on the photo you can see it better.

1 comment:

  1. Again, your sister is not much, much older. She is a cute chick. She also does not have ice and water on her knees. Loved the ice-dancing stuff, spins and little jumps. Great post by my much younger bro.
    Sis <><

    ReplyDelete