Monday, February 1, 2010

Typing Problem Solved

Okay - so I think I've fixed the typing problem.

After my last post I did some experimenting and discovered that the slow typing only occurred when I was typing things online, such as this blog, or passwords within websites.

That led me to believe the problem was with my browser instead of a hardware problem. I did some checking around and discovered it may have had something to do with a program called Microsoft Silverlight. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the current version of Silverlight on my laptop, to no avail (the install kept failing).

So - I decided this is a good time to try another browser. I've been wanting to try Google's Chrome browser. I installed that program and now it seems I have no more slow typing problem. So...there is no need to offend the kind lady across the seas, and my problem is fixed, and heck, it's only 10:30am on Monday morning! I can take the rest of the week off!

Smile!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment