Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Girls!

Today's photo comes from...well, today. Donna and I had the double blessing of having both our daughters spend the night with us last night. We are very happy for both of them as they have made wonderful lives for themselves after leaving the nest. I know you other empty-nesters out there will agree with me when I say there's something special about having your kids back under your roof, even if it is just for one night.

The Bible calls children "a heritage from the LORD" and declares "the fruit of the womb a reward." "Like arrows in the hand of a warrior," the Psalmist continues, "are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!" (Psalms 127:3-5 ESV).

I thank God for how my children turned out and the only explanation I have for their great success is good work by their momma, determination on their part, and the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment