Friday, November 19, 2010

One More Night

The tiny plane I flew on today.

It's Friday night and I find myself still in Ghana instead of boarding a Delta flight for home. I was supposed to fly out just after midnight tonight, but my flight was cancelled, so I go out in the morning instead. That means I arrive in Atlanta late Saturday night instead of in the morning.

My flight from Tamale was interesting. It was on a Beechcraft 1900 which only had 15 seats. It had a narrow center aisle and one seat on each side of the aisle. The cockpit was open and since I was on the fourth row I could see all the instruments and look out the front window over the pilot’s head. It really felt like flying and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Am I upset about one more night in Ghana? No! What’s another night after three months away from home? Yesterday when I learned I got bumped from my flight from Tamale to Accra I was a little frustrated, but today I’m okay with whatever happens. God gave me a real peace about things last night. Perhaps it was some kind of breakthrough.

At any rate, I’m in Accra tonight, in room 209 of the Airport View Hotel and I’ve had all afternoon to sun by the swimming pool and relax, which is pretty nice considering it is almost Thanksgiving. Tomorrow – God willing – I will see my family again; so who’s complaining? Not me!

Kudos to my second born for her great job early this morning working the phone and Internet to get me rescheduled on another flight. It’s great to have kids who are travel-savvy and competent in so many ways. Without Leigh I would be headed over to the airport tonight for a non-existent flight and would have been sorely disappointed.

I'm still reflecting on the overall experience of this trip. It was definitely a great experience. I'm praying God uses everything about it - even the travel irritations - to speed the arrival of his kingdom. USA here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment