Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Final Exam


I worked on the final section of my Christian Ethics class today, which will be taught from Nov. 2 to Nov. 16. I actually just about have it all done. I was also working on the final exam for that class. I'm doing what I always hated when I was a student. I'm making it a "comprehensive exam" which means it covers the whole twelve weeks. Of course, most of the exam will be on just the new material since the last test. And any questions on the old material will be repeats from an earlier test. So if my students study their two previous tests, they'll have a pretty good shot at getting the old material questions correct.

Working on their final exam got me thinking how glad I am that when my final exam comes up on judgment day I don't have to worry. That's actually not the main reason I am a Christian. I believe Christianity is the best way to live one's earthly life, regardless of the great "retirement plan." But it does take the pressure off knowing that no matter how many times I've stumbled (and believe me, I have stumbled many, many times), God will forgive me because of what Jesus did on the cross. That's good news worth celebrating. One of my goals in life is to make sure as many people as possible hear that good news before I die and that's one reason why I'm in Africa.

I hope you have thought through what you believe and placed your trust in Jesus Christ. If not, I'd love to talk with you about it when I get back. I don't have all the answers, but I can share what I've discovered on my journey. Meanwhile, have a great evening and a good night's rest; it's lights out time in Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment