Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Night Recap


Today was a great day. I preached this morning at God’s Wisdom Baptist Church in Sognarigu-Kukuo. Pastor Gabriel and my student James were there. This is harvest season for ground nuts (peanuts) so many were out working in the fields today, but we still had a good crowd with lively singing and dancing, fervent prayer and decent preaching. I decided to drive to the church the way we first went back in July when it was dryer. What I didn’t realize was that the road, which is really just a path, is still underwater in places. It made for an exciting adventure and I was muddy from head to toe and sweating like an animal from having to manhandle my moto by the time I arrived. Lots of fun though; got the old blood pumping, especially in 90 degree heat!

This afternoon I hung out at the guesthouse; I watched two movies with my new friend Don Honeywell from Fayetteville, N.C. Don has an amazing ministry where he goes around the world doing “Face-to-Faith” evangelism training. He arrived here from a country I cannot name because it is closed to the gospel. He’s headed to another country after Ghana which is also fairly closed, so I won’t mention it either. He ends up in the Philippines before arriving back home around Christmas. Suffice it to say Don has been around the world sharing Christ; he’s dedicated to his craft and a true servant of the Lord.

This evening we had a typical Tamale downpour. The rain in Africa is incredible, which I think I’ve mentioned before, but every time it rains I am reminded of just how powerful and fierce nature can be.

This week at school should be a good one; I’m giving an exam in both my classes, one on Tuesday and the other on Thursday. On Friday I begin the last section of teaching I’ll do before returning to the States. It is hard to believe my time is nearing an end over here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment