Monday, October 11, 2010

Reflection on My Reflection

I just reread my Monday Night Reflection (below) and realized that I used the word "I" in it a ton. This whole egotism thing is going to be tough to deal with, especially when most of what I blog about involves...that person. After all, I've already used "I" several times in three sentences.

Okay - so, resolved... the person writing this blog is going to work on reducing the use of the personal pronoun henceforth. Perhaps this attempt will help that person be more aware that life does not revolve around him. Hey...there's an idea; this person could always write in third person like royalty or something. "This person said..." Ha ha - no....better to just refocus and pray the prayer of one of my spiritual heroes, Augustine:

Let me do everything for the sake of You.
Let me humble myself and exalt You.
Let me think of nothing except You.
Let me die to myself and live in You.
Let me accept whatever happens as from You.       
Let me banish self and follow You, and ever desire to follow You. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment