Friday, October 1, 2010

The Dr. Steve Suite


I am in my new room at Seed Ministry. Tonight (Friday) is my first night and so far it is working out fine. I even learned today that the room comes with a private bath which, by the way, doubled the size of my accommodations! Seriously, it is going to work out great, although I have enjoyed ribbing Rev. Bob about putting me in "the hole." Bob got back at me though, with his labeling of the key to my "suite" (see photo). I love it! As soon as I have everything set up in my new quarters I will send some photos. I feel very cozy and "monkish."

We woke up to intense thunder and heavy rain early this morning, but by the time for me to head to school the rain had stopped. The day went well there. My students were not surprised at the less than spectacular results on their first exam. I am allowing six of them to do an open book retake on the test, with their final grade being a composite from their original grade and the open book grade.

Tomorrow morning (Sat.) I am working with the seedlings, the local Bible Club here at Sognaayili. Bonnie flies back in from Accra in the morning with Jesse, the man who does the God Story recordings in different languages. On Sunday I'm preaching at a village whose name I cannot pronounce, or even spell out – it's one of my student's churches, and it will take me about an hour to get there on my moto. Should be quite a journey, my longest so far on the bike. Bob and the big team of 18 arrive on Monday from Accra.

I just watched "That Darn Cat," the original Disney movie from 1965. I love the old Disney movies, and have always enjoyed Dean Jones and Hayley Mills, the two stars of the film. I hope your weekend is a great one; I understand the weather back home has been spectacular. Peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment