Monday, October 4, 2010

Study Day

Today (Monday) was a study day for me. I really got a lot done too. I am now almost ready to publish the next section of my notes for my students which would take them all the way up through their next exams which will be given on Oct. 26 and 28th. That is a really good feeling. It seems as though I've been under the gun the entire time I've been here just trying to stay ahead of my students in my preparation. Now I'll be able to simply go back the night before and review what I'm going to teach on any given day rather than burning the midnight oil just to get my lesson plan done (wow, sorry for all the clichés).

The weather was spectacular here today, clear and hot, but not too hot. This afternoon the big team from South Fork Baptist Church in Kentucky arrived. They all seem nice very well-prepared to hit the ground ministering tomorrow. Several of them have been here before so they already know the ropes (cliché). Our day ended with one of the fiercest rainstorms we've had yet (at least while I've been here). It rained cats and dogs (yep). As I write this the showers are diminishing leaving a nice cool evening, perfect for sleeping.

Other than that there's not a whole lot to report. I guess I could bore you to tears (uh huh) with minutiae such as the fact that the shower curtain fell in the Dr. Steve Suite bathroom today; and the ballast in my overhead light is faulty which causes my light to blink all the time, but that's probably more than you wanted to know. Oh… and I have had a terrible time getting on the Internet today, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to publish this thrilling post now that it is written. But given the situation many of those living within just a few feet of where I am sitting writing this, I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

If you are looking for a Scripture to meditate on later, here's one the Lord led me to this evening: "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" (Psalm 27:14 NIV). Peace to you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Dad! I needed that scripture. And I like the minute details!

    ReplyDelete