Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Night Reflection



Since I have absolutely nothing creative to say tonight (still groggy from all the meds) I will simply do another "ramble" in hopes I'm just about over-the-hump with the malaria.

I did not preach anywhere this weekend, I had not planned to and it is a good thing since I probably would not have been able. I basically relaxed, worked on lesson plans, and read. One good thing about the sickness is it has enabled me to get way ahead on my lesson plans. The big team from Kentucky starts their long journey home tomorrow morning. They will spend the night in Kumasi, then another night in Accra before flying out early on Thursday. They've done some great work here. I hate I missed most of it by being under the weather.

 I missed home a lot today, probably because of all the folks scurrying around getting ready to leave and because I've been spending more time on the Internet catching up on "the world" while I've been sick. A verse from my reading today was particularly convicting for me. Paul writes, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thess. 5:15-18). Always…continually….all circumstances…: Seems like he really wants to make a point. It's certainly a good verse to keep in my heart as I start my work week tomorrow.

 I'm praying for you folks back home; please remember me in yours. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment