Friday, October 29, 2010

Moved Again

I moved again today at Seed Ministry. I am now staying in my fourth location since I've been here. Actually I am quite enjoying the moving around though. Unlike most people I love change. I suppose it goes back to my days growing up as a military brat when we moved practically every summer. The few years we stayed more than a year in one place I found it necessary to rearrange the furniture in my room. Sad but true.

My new room is in the main mission house where Bob and Bonnie live; yes, I've made it to the top! The Parkers added a new room onto the mission house because their son and his family are moving to Ghana. They arrive on Nov. 16th, so I'll get to see them briefly before I leave. This also guarantees me at least one more move because I'll move out of this room and back over into the main guest house after a team that is coming tomorrow leaves.

Speaking of the new team, ten of them arrive first thing in the morning. They are a medical mission team from Fayetteville, NC. Assuming my own health holds, I will get to work with them in a few villages on my off days next week. I'm looking forward to that. Also, today Dr. Bob and Linda Stewart left us and Karen Walters, Jesse the God Story guy's wife arrived. Add in those already here and we're back up to twenty people again. It has really been exciting to see all the great work God is doing here – and such diversity in the work as well!

Please pray I keep feeling well, and pray that our water gets turned back on. We've been without since last Monday. Bob is really good about rationing our remaining water using a temporary storage tank, but if we don't get water soon, we'll be completely out. I will try to post a picture of my newest room soon. God bless you, and thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I've gotta move my furniture still, to this day...isn't it funny? Been thinking and praying for you. Hope your health is better every single hour. God is good.
    Love,
    Sis <><

    ReplyDelete