Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Love My Wife



I have the greatest wife; have I mentioned that yet? She's just the best. Let me give you just one example. This morning the big team from Kentucky left. They're a great bunch, but honestly, with all of them here, the ladies that do the laundry for Seed Ministry have had a hard time keeping up with all the clothes, towels, sheets, etc… And so tonight I discovered I am down to my last pair of, shall I say "drawers." [Sidebar, I hope this blog is not getting too risqué to be read by all audiences]

Well, anyhow…I open my suitcase and pull out my last pair and I'm thinking, "Uh-oh, I may be in trouble tomorrow," and then when I unfold them, a small slip of paper falls to the floor. It was a note, all folded up into a tiny little square, and it simply says, "Thinking about you…" How about that? Forty-one days into my trip and feeling a little down; and I get a sweet note from my wife. What's more, it's not the first note I've received. I've found a ton of them. So many I now know why my luggage was overweight by the time I got to the airport; she must've packed 5 pounds of notes! I found them stuffed in the pockets of my pants, hidden in books she knew I'd read, in my toiletries, everywhere! Is that great or what?

These past six weeks I've tried to teach my students about "Christian Family Living" and we've talked a whole bunch about marriage and family life. I'm sure by now my guys are tired of hearing stories about how great my wife (and kids) are. I just keep telling them, there is no greater blessing on earth than the love of a wife. More than once my answer to a question they've asked has been, "Marry the right woman – marry someone like Donna." Take it from me; it makes all the difference in the world.

By the way, my students do know Donna's name now since I've talked about her so much. They ask me about her every day at class. Of course out of politeness and respect they would never call her by name, instead they ask, "How is mama?" The first few times they asked me that I thought they meant my real mother and I was confused why they were asking her, but I finally figured it out. Ha ha…

So here's to you dear; I love you more than life itself! You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment