Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Made It!


I made it safely to Accra. It seems like I’ve been up forever – I never went to sleep last night; too excited. At any rate, I’m comfortably ensconced in the Airport View Hotel here in Accra, which is the largest city, and the capital of Ghana. After I touch base with a few folks I’ll be hitting the sack because check-in time for my flight to Tamale in the morning is 4:15am.

Thanks for the prayers thus far, and all the encouragement via Facebook, email and texts. It was great on the 11 hour flight from Atlanta to Accra; I had no one sitting in the seat next to me so I could stretch out and set up a mini-office in my little area. Thank-you God! It was just great. I prayed, read, watched a movie (Avatar), journaled, planned, and enjoyed myself. I got all pumped up on the trans-Atlantic flight, but then when I stepped on the tarmac here in Accra all by my lonesome, I felt a little lonely. I whisked through customs, past all the “officials” in the airport who ask to see your ticket, passport, etc… (the trick is to not make eye contact), and the driver from my hotel was standing there with a sign that said, “Airport View Inn – Welcome Dr. Jackson” – awesome!

The photo above is of me in my room here. It is a very nice room with double beds, a mini-fridge, a flat screen TV, and wireless Internet. Nice. I’m enjoying it while I can. Oh well, more later…getting sleepy now. God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment